1. Blogging is a great way to nurture ideas, improve focus, and sculpt your vision.
How long do you think it took me to write this blog post? Any guesses? Let's just say it took way longer than it should since I've been out of school for over a year and this is probably the most writing I've done since. But you get the idea....writing isn't just putting thoughts on to a page or screen as they come to you. You have to organize those thoughts and make them coherent too. Blogging gives you a platform to react to others’ ideas and sort through your own. It helps you develop a state of mind that makes you more observant and contemplative. Blogging helps you to acquire healthy thinking skills which you can then apply to other creative areas in your life. Think about it: when an idea first pops into your head it is often times frail and vague. But if you take those Ideas and hash them out, say through the medium of blogging, you begin to think more deeply, fleshing out your ideas and understanding those ideas better. Blogging helps you clarify your thinking so that you can communicate your ideas to others. I truly believe you can’t succeed without a clear vision. And I mean that no matter if it's a menial task or a huge life goal. Can you imagine an entrepreneur without a coherent pitch? What about a Blogging is one of the best ways to distill this vision.
2. Blogging gives you perspective, and helps you to live intentionally and focus on meaningful things.
Who wants to read a blog filled without a purpose? I don't know about you, but I simply do not have time to waste on fluff or unrealistic
3. Blogging is a healthy habit that leads to other healthy habits and routine.
Maintaining this blog requires me to write every.single.day. It's a healthy habit to have. Everyday I wake up, brew some coffee, do my stretches, and sit down to write. I'm not going to lie, some days what I write down is utter crap. Other days, my narcissism kicks in and I think I'm some sort of genius (I'm really not :P) This is probably one of the biggest reasons I decided to start blogging. I need routine. I am horrible at starting a new routine and not sticking with it. I'm also horrible at trying to develop new habits. So starting out, I will publish a new blog post every Wednesday. I hope to post more frequently as these my new routine and habits begin to grow.
4. Blogging connects you with others who share your passion; it builds a community.
What blogs do you follow and why? For me, there the kind of blogs where I get useful info on the things I enjoy most.
5. Helps you to reflect on your past in order to improve your future. So those are the five reasons I started this blog and they will be the building blocks on which it stands. This blog will contain many topics recipes, diys, childhood stories, travel, living chemical free, fur mom hacks, and moments of utter transparency. Before I go, why not throw in one more list! Here are some ground rules for this blog:
Transparency
Rule 1# No discrimination shall ever take place on this blog! Not in posts, not in comments, not in anyway. This blog is for anyone who wants to read it (if anyone does!)
Rule 2# While punctuation and grammar most definitely serve a place in writing and even in this blog, I reserve the right to throw in random commas, extra question marks, and unnecessary exclamation points, because, after all, it is my blog.
Rule 3# This blog will always contain the honest truth. There will be moments where I show weakness, where I'm "real" with you, and where I admit to the ugly truth. But it's necessary. Because who likes fake people?!
So there you have it! Like I said I hope this blog comes of value to someone, even if that someone is just me. But if you're okay with reading my ramblings, I would love
No comments:
Post a Comment